I offer courses in Iranian/Persian calligraphy (both Nastaligh and Shekaste-Nastaligh hand-writings) and Iranian/Persian painting (Tazhib/illumination).
The target audience of these courses is any person who is interested in Iranian/Persian calligraphy and/or illumination (Tazhib). Students can choose to join both courses or only calligraphy or Tazhib. However, as the Iranian calligraphy and Tazhib are very well connected in which the Iranian illumination (Tazhib) can be used for decorating the calligraphy works, learning both of them simultaneously can be ideal for students.
In the Iranian/Persian calligraphy course students will learn how to use bamboo pen (ghalam nei) to write the Persian alphabet and words based on the Nastaligh or/and shekaste-nastaligh handwriting styles. They also learn to arrange and put words in a sentence based on the rules of Persian calligraphy and will learn about different writing styles in Iranian calligraphy such as Chalipa, Ketabat and Siah-mashgh compositions.
In the Iranian/Persian illumination (Tazhib) course students will be introduced to the history and the background of the Iranian Tazhib, and they will gradually learn to know and draw different patterns and forms in this art. Some symbols and forms in Tazhib are used also in the pattern of the Iranian carpets such as including different flowers like Shah-Abbasi, Khatai, Slimis, Toranj and Shamse. After learning the basic patterns and compositions, the student will learn about the main colours which are used in Iranian illumination and will be guided to produce their own work.
- The participants can join with different levels of calligraphy experience.
- The course could be also suitable for people who do not know the Persian language. In this case we start with learning how to write the alphabet.
- The course will be semi-private in which, while all student seat in the class and practice, I will follow everyone individually.
- At the early stage of the calligraphy classes, students will choose their preferences between the two handwritings of «Nastaligh» and «Shekaste-Nastaligh». For the beginners, it is better to choose only one of these styles. However, students who are in higher levels like «khosh» or «aali» could pursue both of them in the same time.
- This course follows a continues schedule.
- The needed materials for calligraphy and painting (bamboo-pen, inks, papers, etc..) are available for these courses and can be pre-ordered or purchased in the class.
- The language of the class, in which students will have the explanations of the course, can be in Farsi, English or German based on the participant’s language need.
- Private courses for individuals can be organised on request.
Course dates in 2020:
- 2 February 2020 (Sunday)
- 1 March 2020 (Sunday)
- 15 March 2020 (Sunday)
- 5 April 2020 (Sunday)
- 18 April 2020 (Saturday) – Online
- 25 April 2020 (Saturday) – Online
- 16 May 2020 (Saturday) – Online
- 30 May 2020 (Saturday) – Online
- 7 June 2020 (Sunday)
- 25 July 2020 (Saturday)
- 15 August 2020 (Saturday)
- 13 September 2020 (Sunday)
- …… to be updated.
The courses will be continued and the dates will be available later this year.
Course dates in 2019:
- 31 August 2019 (Saturday)
- 14 September 2019 (Saturday)
- 29 September 2019 (Sunday)
- 27 October 2019 (Sunday)
- 9 November 2019 (Saturday)
- 24 November 2019 (Sunday)
- 7 December 2019 (Saturday)
Calligraphy from 13:15 to 15:15
Tazhib from 15:30 to 17:15
For registration please send me an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org